This article concerns: https://hbr.org/product/hbr-tools-ebitda/TLEBIT-ZIP-ENG
HBR Tools: EBITDA
Whether you are a finance novice or just need a refresher, HBR's EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, Amortization) Tool will help you master the key concepts of EBITDA. Written and developed by Joe Knight, the bestselling author of Financial Intelligence, HBR's EBITDA Tool delivers a comprehensive overview of the key concepts, terms, and model for calculating EBITDA with detailed examples. The author presents a compelling tale of a finance metric's rise and fall, and how EBITDA has been used, and abused, over the past 20 years.
Learn what EBITDA is, how to calculate it, and why it has been so important to investors and financiers alike.
- Read Me First guide (PDF)
- Explains what's included in the tool and how to proceed through files
- EBITDA Guide (PDF)
- What is it, a brief history, and how to calculate it
- Calculating EBITDA (XLS)
- Shows the calculations for EBITDA
- Financial Document Examples (XLS)
- Financial statements for Intel, Ford and Microsoft