This article concerns: https://hbr.org/product/hbr-tools-swot-analysis/TLSWOT-ZIP-ENG
HBR Tools: SWOT Analysis
Information about both the external environment and your organization's internal capabilities is crucial to informing your goals and strategy and making the right business decisions. If you are at the helm of a start-up, run an established line of business, or manage a product portfolio, it's essential to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to your business by running a SWOT analysis.
Whether you are a SWOT novice or just need a refresher, HBR's SWOT Analysis Tool will help you master the key fundamentals of SWOT analysis. The tool delivers a comprehensive overview of the key concepts with detailed examples and includes a customizable Powerpoint template to help you and your team successfully perform and present a SWOT analysis for your company or project.
- Read Me First guide (PDF)
- Explains what's included in the tool and how to proceed through files
- SWOT Analysis Manual (PDF)
- This manual introduces you to the four categories of a SWOT analysis. It then walks you throughthe process of doing your own analysis, from inviting the right people to following up after the meeting
- The detailed guide to the four quadrants of a SWOT analysis includes the best way to frame discussion questions to get the most out of your colleagues
- Examples for two fictional companies bring the concepts to life
- SWOT Analysis Meeting Deck (PPT)
- Use these customizable slides and talking points to lead your meeting
- The customizable Powerpoint template to help you facilitate your own SWOT analysis meeting for your project or company