This article concerns https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/pages/content/casestartupkit
Case Startup Kit
Educators often ask where to begin when choosing their first cases. To make the initial step into case teaching easier, Higher Ed has developed the Case Startup Kit. These kits, available in multiple disciplines, are designed to help aspiring case teachers begin using cases in their courses. Each kit recommends up to 10 cases that are ideal to use as a 'first case' for instructors new to case teaching. The Case Startup Kit is designed to help aspiring Case teachers begin using Cases in their courses. It recommends Cases ideal for teaching as a 'first Case' for new instructors, with Cases selected for their brevity, ease of use, and teachability. Most Cases are fewer than 15 pages and all are accompanied by a Teaching Note that provides instructional guidance.
Many cases in Case Startup Kits come with:
- Instructor spreadsheets that provide supporting data and editable calculations.
- Supplementary spreadsheets that assist students with quantitative analysis of the case.
- Optional downloadable audio versions for students.
Additional Case method resources are available, including:
- Video clip: Advice for first-time teachers
- Hints for Case Teaching (PDF)
- The Teaching Post Educator Forum
- See a sample topic: Evaluating Student Participation: A Grading Rubric
- The Case Analysis Coach for students
Case Startup Kits are now available in 12 disciplines: