This article concerns https://hbr.org/store/landing/courses
Online courses are English Web based HTML interactive programs which require an Internet connection to play. The program itself can't be downloaded, and a user must log into HBR.org to launch the program. It is recommended to run your machine through our system checker for optimal performance: http://myhbp.org/systemcheck/
HBR.org Product Titles and Codes
- Finance: Full Course 1000HF-HTM-ENG
- Finance: Introductory Section 1001HF-HTM-ENG
- Financial Accounting: Full Course 4000HF-HTM-ENG
- Financial Accounting: Introductory Section 4001HF-HTM-ENG
- Financial Accounting: Advanced Section 4002HF-HTM-ENG
IT for Management
- IT for Management: Full Course 4330HF-HTM-ENG
- IT for Management: Introductory Section 4333HF-HTM-ENG
- IT for Management: Advanced Section 4335HF-HTM-ENG
- Management Communication: Full Course 4337HF-HTM-ENG
- Management Communication: Writing Section 4341HF-HTM-ENG
- Management Communication: Presenting Section 4343HF-HTM-ENG
Mathematics for Management
- Math for Management: Full Course 5000HF-HTM-ENG
- Math for Management: Algebra Section 5001HF-HTM-ENG
- Math for Management: Calculus Section 5002HF-HTM-ENG
- Math for Management: Statistics Section 5003HF-HTM-ENG
- Math for Management: Probability Section 5004HF-HTM-ENG
- Math for Management: Finance Section 5005HF-HTM-ENG
- Quantitative Methods: Full Course 3000HF-HTM-ENG
- Quantitative Methods: Regression Section 3001HF-HTM-ENG
Spreadsheet Modeling Online Course Excel 2013
- Spreadsheet Modeling: Full Course 9052HF-HTM-ENG
- Spreadsheet Modeling: Introductory Section 9053HF-HTM-ENG
- Spreadsheet Modeling: Advanced Section 9054HF-HTM-ENG
How long do I retain access on HBR.org?
Individuals who purchase Online Courses on HBR.org retain access for twelve months from the date of purchase. Access expires as soon as the day begins (midnight) Eastern time, a year from the date of purchase. If an Online Course was purchased on 3/6/14, access expires 12:00am 3/6/15.
If I incorrectly answer a question, will I be shown the correct answer?
If you incorrectly answer a question of any of the final exams, upon completion of that exam you will be able to review your results to see which are marked correct/incorrect. Answers marked with green check are correct.
Answers marked with a red x are incorrect. No additional information on why the answer was wrong and what is the correct answer is given
Clicking the 'print results' link will display the following information:
- Online Course name
- exam name
- Exam Result
- Your Score
- Required to Pass
- Questions Correct
- Number of Questions
The following online courses (full and individual sections) now offer a certificate of completion:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Communication
- Mathematics for Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Spreadsheet Modeling: Excel 2013
No/Intermittent Audio and Video for Online Courses
If you have either none, or intermittent, audio and video in the online courses, be aware the course uses Flash and your system must meet the following requirements: http://forio.com/hbp-support/#check/courses/all
The online courses require Flash and can NOT be run on tablets or most mobile devices.
There is no streaming video. Instead the audio and animations are baked into each flash "swf" file. This is pre-loaded and available in the browser before the play button is clicked. Thus any delays are in the browser/local computer side not the server side.
Problems of stuttering or slow speed might be caused by the local computer slowing down or having other program being run simultaneously. If you have problems, please:
- close other running programs
- close other browser windows and tabs
If necessary, close the browser completely, log in again and go back to the tutorial picking up where you left off.